Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mark's Golden Globe Picks

Best Motion Picture - Drama: Slumdog Millionaire

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: In Bruges

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Unfortunately Kristin Scott Thomas for Il y a longtemps que je t'aime is the only of the nominees I have seen

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Colin Farrel for In Bruges

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Frances McDormand for Burn After Reading (I've been in love with her acting since Fargo and I think she deserves the win)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight (Note: I haven't seen Doubt yet)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Marisa Tomei for The Wrestler (She is one sexy stripper if I may say)

Best Director - Motion Picture: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire (I'm a huge fan of this guys style and I think its about time the mainstream award givers recognized his work)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture: Can't say for sure since I haven't seen Doubt but of the ones I have seen Slumdog is again my choice.

Best Animated Film: Wall-E

Best Foreign Language Film: Il y a longtemps que je t'aime (It's the only one I've seen but it was good)

No comments: