Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Growing - The Sky's Run Into The Sea (2003)

My new goal is to post at least one album from an artist featured on my show each week.

This week I am going to post The Sky's Run Into The Sea by the drone/noise group Growing. After finally breaking my drone barrier many months ago (thanks to Hasan of the Into the Void blog) I have been listening to a lot of music that fits under the blanket genre known as drone. Growing is an example of one of these bands that has really stuck for me. Growing has toured with my favorite band of the genre, Boris, which was a huge incentive for me to check them out.

The music can be described as having the drone/ambient foreground with an extremely rhythmic background that almost sounds danceable. I believe this rhythmic background is the element that draws me most to Growing. I hope you all enjoy this album as much I do. PLEASE buy it if you like it.



Track List:

1 A Painting 17:22
2 Life in D / Tepsije 14:46
3 Cutting, Opening, Swimming 6:37
4 Southern Wrights 5:08
5 Pavement Rich in Gold 17:22

Download

No comments: