Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand (2007)

Holy shit Mark likes drone now???

I wish I could answer 100% yes to that but I am still somewhat of a noob to it. However, I've been attempting to find more drone that interests me and I happened to find my biggest discovery in a while, The Angelic Process. Now I share it with you all.

The Angelic Process are from macon, georgia which is possibly the perfect place for inspiration for atmospheric metal besides alaska. It's kind of hard to describe exactly how this band sounds but I'll make my best attempt. Its like the atmosphere of post-rock combined with the intensity of sludge metal to form a sound that could only come from what has to be one of the most depressing places to live in America. If I could put into words how much I have loved this album in the 3 listens I have given it so far I would have no doubt about whether you would download this.

Unfortunately for someone like me who has just gotten into this band there is some bad news. Earlier this year K.Angylus, one of the members of this 2 man project, passed away. Hopefully his legend will live through the beautiful music he made.



1. The Promise of Snakes 9:32
2. Million Year Summer 3:52
3. The Resonance of Goodbye 5:14
4. We All Die Laughing 6:05
5. Dying in A-Minor 8:19
6. Weighing Souls With Sand 5:19
7. Mouvement - World Deafening Eclipse 1:59
8. Burning in the Undertow of God 6:46
9. Mouvement - The Smoke of Her Burning 4:16
Hidden Track. How To Build A Time Machine 4:11

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand (2007)