Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Doomtree - False Hopes (2007)

Finally, I'm back with some music updates.

Over my break from music blogging I have been heavily getting into this newish hip hop collective from Minneapolis named Doomtree. Doomtree is a 9 member hip-hop collective filled with members from all sorts of musical backgrounds and influences. They come together to create a sound that is vastly different from anything that has ever been done in hip hop or music in general. I don't want to make comparisons about what Doomtree is doing now to what Wu-Tang did in the 90s because The Clan will probably never be matched but the parallels are obvious.

So this week I'll be updating my blog every day with a different Doomtree related release. Starting this week with the album False Hopes which is a collaboration release from all of Doomtrees members.



1 Flex 3:01
2 Knives On Fire 2:59
3 Traveling Dunk Tank 3:20
4 A Candle in Chicago (Interlude) 1:53
5 Lucky 1:30
6 Veteran 2:43
7 Slow Burn 3:56
8 I Should Cut Your Liver Out (Interlude) 1:15
9 Savion Glover 2:22
10 Hot Monotony 3:45
11 A Hundred Fathers 3:50
12 Check Your Tuning (Interlude) 1:31
13 If & When 4:18
14 No Homeowners (Renter’s Rebate) 3:18

Highlights for me include Flex, Knives On Fire, A Hundred Fathers, and If & When.

Doomtree - False Hopes (2007)

No comments: